Oonex SA is a licensed payment institution regulated by the National Bank of Belgium (NBB), passported throughout the entire EEA. Oonex facilitates retail and remittance payments for business customers throughout the European region and is fast emerging as one of the most preferred and highly recommended partners for managing merchant payments.
We are currently searching for the right person to fill a position in our Accounting department in a part-time capacity. This could be perfect for new university leavers or seasoned accountants looking to regain some much needed work-life balance.
- Reconciliations of ledger accounts, drawing data from multiple systems and cross-referencing with great care and accuracy
- Preparation of internal reports with occasional need to present to management level
- Tax preparation and reporting
- Assisting with management of ledgers and balancing of company books
- Liaising with payments and product team leaders on any accounting related topics or tasks
- University level education in Accountancy with minimum Bachelors degree in Accountancy (previous professional experience preferred)
- Expert proficiency in general ledger accounting, Belgium GAAP & IFRS methodologies
- High familiarity with Belgium VAT / tax framework (BeNeLux & DACH familiarity also a plus)
- Must be able to work efficiently, independently and meet deadlines and targets
- Must have a sharp analytical mind with the ability to absorb and integrate new information into standard workflows
- Strong abilities in problem identification and problem solving
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and able to articulate in the language of the local Accountancy and taxation frameworks
- Must be proficient in standard Office suite of software including Excel (Windows or iOS) in addition to standard accounting, billing and invoicing software