Welcome to Oonex
Oonex is a Regulated Payment Institution based in Belgium. Established in 2012, Oonex is licensed and regulated by the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) to deliver financial and payment services to businesses and individuals anywhere within the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA).
Oonex is a licensed, Principal Member Acquirer with Visa and MasterCard and also offers affiliate acquiring for Carte Bancaires in France. Additionally, Oonex is a SWIFT member and clearing house sponsor and provides direct, physical Payment Accounts (IBANs) to companies and individuals worldwide.
Oonex began trading as a compliance management company, specifically compliance services relating to the requirements of card schemes (Visa and MasterCard) and the Payment Service Directives in Europe. Oonex specialises in merchant risk, KYC, AML management and card scheme compliance and now offer this as an outsourced service to our partners.
Oonex runs a highly advanced PCI Level 1 gateway for the secure processing of transactions, in addition to our own certified Visa/MasterCard Switch.
Oonex is part of BillPro Group with our Head Office in Brussels, Belgium.
Payment Institution Sublicensing
Oonex offers Payment Institution Sub-licensing for approved partners
Expand Services & Increase Business Efficiency
Oonex can offer Payment Institution sub-licensing to approved businesses. This allows them to expand their services and increase revenue while lowering cost and reducing liability. By partnering with Oonex, companies receive registration as a licensed Payment Institution agency, allowing them to offer payment remittance and financial services instantly in every country in Europe and the European Economic Area.
Offer PI services in your name
By becoming a regulated Payment Institution Agent, partners can access and offer Oonex’s payment accounts, IBANs, merchant acquiring, processing, payment instruments and compliance services, in your own brand name.
Officially registered Payment Institution
Through this sub-license process, our Partners become official, registered Payment Institution Agents, listed on the European Financial Regulatory Director. As a sub-licensee your company will be listed as a regulated Payment Institution Agent under Oonex supervision on the National Bank of Belgium Regulatory index and in all countries where passported in Europe.
Oonex retains the liability
Oonex retains all liability for the related activity of our partners, and are responsible for managing all compliance, AML and local regulations. Through this partnership, clients can launch additional services and market themselves as a regulated financial institution, whilst Oonex takes responsibility for compliance.
What are the benefits of sub-licensing?
A PI sub-license allows the licensee to offer products and services in the European market, which are only allowed to be offered by Payment Institutions, under their own brand name.
This agency license gives our partners the ability to:
- Promote themselves as a regulated Payment Institution with license passporting to all countries in Europe and the EEA;
- Offer merchant facilities (Credit Card and Bank Transfer processing) in their name;
- Legally accept payments from third parties worldwide, collect funds on behalf of other companies and settle and remit these funds internationally as needed.
- Offer IBAN payment/bank accounts to businesses, individuals and customers anywhere in the world, in 32 currencies;
- Provide foreign currency management services via their IBANs;
- Mark-up and earn revenue on services offered by Oonex;
- Register as a Payment Faclitator with Oonex and its banks for the fast onboarding and issuance of Merchant Accounts;
- Be listed on the Financial Regulator listings as a regulated Payment Institution Agency;
- Legally operate payment acceptance, collection, settlement and remittance services in Europe;
- Legally collect funds in Europe and transfer these internationally as a licensed institution;
- Sign direct contracts with partners, individuals and financial institutions in your name;
- Offer treasury, escrow and corporate banking services internally and to your clients.
Principal Member Acquiring
Oonex is a Principal Member acquirer with Visa and MasterCard and also offer affiliate Carte Bancaires acquiring. Oonex is licensed and regulated in Europe and provides merchant accounts for ecommerce and POS to companies across Europe.
Benefits of offering Card Acquiring as an additional service
- Cutting-edge technology that ensures every transaction is secure;
- Processing of transactions in real-time;
- Volume-based discounted rates;
- Ability to accept multiple branded Credit Cards;
- Granular transaction reports;
- Ability to accept multi-currency payments;
- Quick payment-receipt email service;
- Phone and mail orders streamlined through our MOTO terminal.
Payment accounts (iBANS)
Real, Multi-currency Payment Accounts (Individual IBANs)
Oonex can issue International Payment Accounts to businesses and individuals worldwide, allowing businesses to take full control of their financial services including treasury and currency exchange management.
These international accounts allow agents to accept and make payments in up to 32 end-to-end currencies, hold multiple currencies simultaneously and convert currencies at any time, offering complete flexibility over the their different currencies held. The balance can be accessed via a prepaid or debit card and balances and currencies can be managed via our internet banking interface. The Agent has transparency of their payment account and payment accounts of their partners or customers at any given moment.
Agents who have been approved to manage front-end payment account and banking services can connect their front end applications to Oonex’s IBAN system for the issuance of accounts and management of transfers. For Agent’s who do not manage their own front end systems, Oonex can provide this interface.
IBAN Opportunities for your business
- Provide IBANs to your business or individual customers;
- Take control of your own company’s treasury;
- Manage the FX and currency exchange of your own and your client’s funds for added revenue;
- Replace wallet services with real IBANs;
- Provide personal and corporate e-banking products;
- Provide money transfer, remittance and payout solutions worldwide;
IBANs offer a potential new revenue stream
- Multi-currency banking (32 currencies);
- Foreign exchange;
- Remittance Payments;
- Salary/Payroll payments;
- Treasury Segmentation;
- Payouts and withdrawals.
Technology & Devices
Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant
For any online business, reliable and secure payment processing is critical. Oonex provides world-class payment processing services for online businesses , including a full suite of complimentary merchant services in order to drive maximum payment approval efficiency. With advanced fraud screening, multiple payment options and real-time reporting, Oonex’s secure payment gateway provides peace of mind to merchants of all sizes, industries, locations and processing volumes.
POS and Payment Devices
Oonex supports multiple POS and Payment Devices, including mPOS, biometric payments and tap-to-pay devices.
Oonex provides direct POS and also partners with many local and pan-European POS companies to deliver flexible POS solutions to merchants at competitive prices.
Oonex’s gateway services:
- Secure online credit card, eCheck / ACH processing, Check and alternative payments;
- Secure transactions with our advanced fraud prevention systems;
- Custom transaction reports and statistics generated in real time;
- Accept fax, phone and mail order purchases with our complimentary MOTO terminal;
- Branded integration options including third-party shopping cart alternatives;
- A dedicated account manager for your business;
- Comprehensive 24/7 customer support;
- A secure merchant account terminal providing data and reporting on sales, refunds and fees, chargebacks, full transaction listings, calendar activity and much more.
Compliance & Outsourcing
Outsource your compliance, KYC, AML and boarding processes
End-to-end Boarding Platform
Oonex’s Boarding and Compliance System is a web application used for receiving, processing and tracking merchant applications, customer KYC and compliance. Our simple full-service platform can manage the entire application and on-boarding process, from start to finish.
Our Boarding and Compliance System can be used by Payment companies under a simple SAAS model, and is also included in our Agency Licensing packages. The boarding and compliance system has been built specifically for two industries; Merchant Compliance and KYC & AML.
Using this system, payment companies can log in and make an application for new merchant accounts, or allow their merchants access to the portal to upload necessary documents themselves, along with interactive step-by-step guidance. They are able to upload required documentation and communicate with Oonex’s underwriting and compliance staff throughout the application process.
The complete Risk and Compliance assessment of the merchant happens live in the Boarding and Compliance System and can be tracked by the user every step of the way. The system removes the need for email based application management and ensures the fastest boarding of merchants, with integrated sales offers, risk perimeter settings and contracting. The system functions not only as a compliance system but also as a CRM and an external point of communication with new clients.
The KYC and AML system works similarly, but specific for the payment and banking industry, in terms of the qualification and checking of new customers and the management of fund movement and payments in line with European standard.
Our system can be used off-the-shelf, or can be customized for our client’s needs.
Oonex’s bespoke business management system provides the following solutions in one easy-to-use, customizable payment compliance system:
- CRM and Sales Pipeline Management;
- KYC collection, review and approval management;
- Business compliance review (merchant underwriting);
- Proposal, approval and Contracting management;
- Document and compliance packaging management;
- Full Task Management and Role based user system.
With integrations to the international KYC, AML and credit checking systems, automated application and contracting management and an advanced management and reporting system, Oonex’s Onboarding System allows payment companies to operate lean compliance and underwriting teams, giving them more time to focus on the commercial and product arms of their businesses.
Chief Executive Officer (Administrative Delegate)Daria has an extensive background in the PSP industry. She brings considerable experience in Business and Strategy Development for large scale payment companies and ecommerce platforms. Daria has been CEO of Oonex since 2012 and under her leadership, Oonex has become a licensed Payment Institution and expanded over several continents.
Chief Risk Officer (Administrative Delegate)Patrick is the Chief Risk Officer of Oonex. With over 15 years’ experience in compliance management and regulatory adherence, Patrick oversees Oonex’s risk department. Patrick is an Administrative Delegate of Oonex and is an expert in local Belgian, and European payment and financial industry regulations.
Director of the BoardChris has over 25 years entrepreneurial experience, successfully leading companies in a range of industries from internet service providers to food manufacturing. His full-time role at Oonex involves overseeing the company’s direction, strategic plan, vision and values.
Director of ComplianceIveta is an experienced Risk and Compliance professional with a demonstrable nine years’ practice within the international trade environment including four years’ practice within the online payments industry. She is experienced in merchant risk mitigation and compliance advice in relation to card scheme rules and relevant inter-/national laws.
Business Development DirectorAs the Director of Business Development at Oonex, Fabien is responsible for developing strategic business relationships and partnerships across the European Region.
Channel Partner DirectorAs the Channel Partnerships Director, Giuseppe oversees the development of key fintech partnerships for Oonex throughout the European Region. Giuseppe is an expert in alternative banking and payment services.
To speak to an OONEX representative
+32 2808 0314 [EU]
1877 358 9369 [US]